If you want to check the latest K-electric duplicate bill online, you must follow these things.
- First, you have an account number that is based on 13 digits
- Also, you have a Consumer Number
- E-mail and the Mobile Number
If you are a non-filer, you must be alert because the government of Pakistan imposed a tax of 7.5% on the electricity bill above 25000. Although your name is on the active taxpayer list of the federal Board of the Revenue FBR so you must update your record with the K-Electric on the following link https://www.ke.com.pk/customer-services/customerdetails/
8119 SMS K-Electric Service
To provide instant services to its customers, the K-Electric started 8119 SMS services. After completing the registration, customers can receive timely updates on any K-Electric developments in their area. By using this SMS service to the
- Inquire about the Load Shedding Schedule
- Also, the technical faults report
- Inquiries about the Bill
- Also, stay informed about the Planned/emergency outage.
How you can Register with the SMS Service
You can type REG with your 13-digit A/C for the registration and send a message to the 8119.
After sending the message, you will receive a welcome note that can confirm your registration with the K-Electric mobile service.
For the Technical Complain
- For the Registered users, you can Type the COMP and send a message to the 8119.
- For the non-registered users, you can Type the COMP with the space so your 13-digit A/C# and send it to the message 8119.
To check out the Registered Accounts.
You can Type ACCT and then send a message to 8119
For Checking the Load Shedding
- For the Registered users, you can Type the LS and send a message to the 8119.
- For the non-registered users, you can Type the LS with the space so your 13-digit A/C# and send it to the message 8119.
For Checking the K-Electric Bill
- You can Type the BILL for the Registered users and send a message to the 8119.
- For the non-registered users, you can Type the BILL with the space so your 13-digit A/C# and send it to the message 8119.
How to De-Register?
For the De-Registration, you can type the UNREG with space and then enter a 13-digit A/C#, and then you can send it to the message 8119.
For the KE WhatsApp service
WhatsApp is the most common mode of communication in today’s world. So, the K-electric lunch the WhatsApp services to remain connected with its customers 24/7.
So, the customer can conveniently:
- For Receiving the Duplicate Bill
- Raise both the Technical and the Billing Complaints
- For checking the Power status
- Download the Income Tax Certificate
- Then you can learn how to apply for a new connection.
A very concise History of K-Electric Company
After the independence of Pakistan, the Karachi city was drastically expanded in area and the population. Also, the infrastructure of the KESC was not able to easily handle a sudden increase in the electricity demand. In 1952 the government of Pakistan had nationalized it and taken control to inject significant investment into it.
So, the government of Pakistan had to construct eight new electricity generating plants with a total capacity of 513 MV from 1953 to 1980.
In 2005 the government of Pakistan Privatized it also retained 26% shares and transferred the remaining to a foreign consortium, so the new owners invested in its infrastructure to improve its efficiency and the electricity generating capacity quickly.
In 1914 the KESC name was changed to the K-electric. So a new logo consisting of three feathers of orange, blue, and green colors was launched.
In 2019 the Pakistan government-owned 24.4%, and the Abraaj Group and the Aljomaih/NIG had 66.4% shares in K-electric.